Bangladesh paharpur History Part 1


Paharpur Buddhist or somapura Somapura Vihara monastery or an ancient Buddhist monastery, now in ruins. Towards the end of the eighth century or the second Pala king, Shri dharmapaladeba were made in the ninth century convent. In 1879, Sir Cunningham discovered this huge feat. In 1985, the UNESCO World Heritage status denapaharapurake it can be called the world’s biggest monasteries. Can be compared with the size of India’s Nalanda. For three hundred years it was the center of Buddhist practices are very famous. Not just across the subcontinent from China, Tibet, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the country’s Buddhists come here to acquire spiritual knowledge and practices. Chancellor of the tenth century AD in Bihar were srijnan Atish Dipankar.

Pundranagara Pundravardhana capital and other cities in the current mahasthana Kotivarsiya Somapura Vihara, which was located near the middle of the current Bangarh. The ruins of the current district of the village is located in the district of Naogaon district badalgachhi. On the other hand jamalganj Joypurhat district, just 5 km from the railway station to the west of the distance. The geographical position of 5 ° 0’north of 5 ° 15′ and 88 ° 50′ north latitude 89 ° 10′ east longitude to the east. The village is about 0.10 square kilometers of the antiquity of 10 hectares located throughout the region. This rectangle-shaped ground plan archaeological sign. It is located in the northern flood plains. Varendra plaistosina period included in the low areas. Reddish soil due to the presence of iron in the ground substance. However, currently most of the ground below the sediments are covered. At about 30.30 meters from the surrounding plains as paharasadrsa structure has survived. Locals called it the mountain leopard Gopal had been the name of the actual name of the Paharpur monastery somapura

 

Advertisements