The monastery at Paharpur in Naogaon Naogaon, Bangladesh bauddhabiharera US Paharpur


After the arrival of the British in the Indian subcontinent, they all began to run the survey. Buchanan Hamilton, who conducted the survey in eastern India since 1807, between 1812 Paharpur visited at any one time. This was the first archaeological inspection Paharpur. Oyestamyakata then visited the site. They returned home with their experience Prospectus published. For his formula in 1879, Sir Alexander Cunningham visited this historic place. After the visit, he showed interest in the land to dig mass. But the owner of the land on stopped baliharera then he landed. So a little part of the promenade and a small portion of the excavated antiquities continue to engage the top of the mound to escape. During excavations in the central part of the mound was discovered by building around a square piece, which have risen two feet in length. Finally, under the law of the place in 1919 and 1904 archaeological artifacts is declared as protected

Huen tsam came in the middle of the 7th century, and its details Pundravardhana somapurera Bihar and there is no mention of the temple. Dharmapala, son of Gopala ascended the throne and ruled for a long time in Pakistan’s northern and western borders of the kingdom of Gandhara and beyond Bihar Bengali extended. He was a devout Buddhist emperor Dharmapala founded Vikramashila and somapura Bihar. According to other sources, the author of the famous Tibetan history is very clear Zhang paga Psalm zone Somapure by Dharmapala’s son built a monastery and a lofty temple Devapala mentioned. Somapura monastery monks at Nalanda, Bodh Gaya Buddhist pilgrimage site, and a variety of Indian treasures and gave money to 10 different script, which has been mentioned – is an indication of the prosperous 11th century. Moreover, in the 9th century under the patronage of the Palas of Bihar in addition to somapura agrapura agradiguna district, usmapura, gotapura, Jagdal etapura and lumbering district of Bihar, is mentioned. Gujarat is the first royal banquet at the end of the 9th century and Mahendra Pal Pal Empire was particularly affected. After the end of the 10th century, the king of the Pala dynasty empire Mohipala Bihar somapura repaired and restored. But nayapalera Mohipala and his son after the death of the Pala dynasty began to decline again. The advantage of central cediraja ear, and dibbo colaraja Rajendra, a local feudal lord Kaibarta Barind after the attack. Perhaps he is referring to the destruction of temples and monasteries of Nalanda Paharpur attack. 11th century Pala dynasty was restored hrtarajya Rampal. Deccan from the Senas century Carnatic 1 Bengali captured. Somapura to lose their royal patronage. She began to decline during the last somapurera. At the beginning of the 13th century ikhatiyarauddina Muhammad – bin – Bakhtiyar Khilji invaded Bengal took nearly uttarabangai. Perhaps because of the attitude of the Muslim rulers murtibirodhi Buddhist monasteries and temples this was completely destroyed.

Paharpur khananakaryake can be divided into two groups. First, during the British era and secondly the sbadhinatapurbakalina independence during the eighties. In 1879, Cunningham took the initiative. The top portion of the central mound, but only against Balihar mansion was drilled to stop him. Fibred to grow around the excavation of approximately 7 m high, was discovered in a room. Varendra Research Council of the University of Calcutta in 1923 after a long and joint efforts of the Archaeological Survey of India and landed Dighapatia administration with family members Sharat Kumar Roy were re-excavated. That year, the southern and western part of the site’s historical diarabhandarakarera managed to dig a row of rooms are arranged in the north and south and is part of the premises. RD Banerjee since 1925 up until 6 in the north central mound excavated terracotta plaques decorate the walls of the stairs and discovered orbiting pathasaha north mandapa or hall. As a result, for the first time at the monastery bhumiparikalpana and can provide insight into deyalacitrana. Since 1931, 31 in 1930 and up until 3 in the south and west corner of the monastery and the adjoining terrace jisicandra excavated. In 1933, 34 of the Archaeological Survey of India under the supervision of Kashinath Dixit re-excavated. The remaining part of the monastery and the temple and temple ruins they found a Satyapirer bhitaya stupasaha set. After World War II Rafique Mughal several rooms in the east wing of deep excavations conducted at a later time karenasbadhinatara Bangladesh since 1981, 83 of the Department of Archaeology and earlier Dixit discovered new information about the signs, be sure to obtain cells for the purpose of the second phase of excavations began. Since the re-excavation was conducted in 1987, 89 from Bihar yard unnecessary garbage and piles of previous dredging soil drainage system to ensure the orderly removal of the monastery were removed and the salinity decreases water logging.